It’s another exciting summer weekend here in town! And now that SRA summer camp is over there really is no excuse not to take your kids out and entertain them! Below are some highlights, as always I encourage all my readers to subscribe to The Swarthmorean newspaper where you can learn about activities and get the flavor for this geeky, lovable town of ours! If you’re too shy to stop by their office to pick up a subscription just enter my contest this week – if you win one year’s subscription is on me!
Friday, July 27th:
– Beaufort is offering a FREE Friday Concert at the Community Arts Center in Wallingford (414 Plush Mill Rd) where they will perform selections of the Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, the Beatles, etc… There will be hot dogs and burgers available to purchase – just bring a blanket and chair (and maybe wear a tie-dyed t-shirt)!
– Chester Children’s Chorus is performing for FREE at Lang Hall at 8pm. Prepare to be blown away by their performances of Mozart & Whitney Houston!
Saturday, July 28th:
– The Farmer’s Market will be held in the Swarthmore municipal lot from 9:30am-1:30pm! Come on out for fresh produce and good company!
– Media Theatre offers its final performance of a musical adaptation of Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book for children at 11am! See my review from two weeks ago here. Visit www.mediatheatre.org for tickets!
Sunday, July 29th:
– Take a tour of the Leiper House with a guide to show you all the details of this 1785 house on the National Register of Historic Places! 521 Avondale Road in Wallingford. Call 610-566-6365 for more info!
– Enjoy a performance of The Cat’s Pajamas at Rose Tree Park‘s Summer Festival! Free! 610.891.4455 or www.co.delaware.pa.us/summer for more info!