Monthly Archives: July 2014
As you know, I will soon be marketing a spacious Swarthmore twin! While the owners scramble to prepare for your visits, I’m having fun teasing you with clues!
You know what to do – if you can guess the address of this house before I reveal it on this site, I will buy you a one year subscription to The Swarthmorean weekly newspaper! Clue #1 is here. Below is Clue #2!
Despite being built in historic days
There’s something playful about this place:
Cheerful hues on every wall,
Beds of flowers large and small,
It’s charming and handsome, but never solemn!
Now… do you recognize this column?
This hard-working client bought a well-built but dated home and she has been updating it room by room. When it was time to bring her third bedroom out of the 1970s, she and a friend put in some elbow grease! Here’s what they accomplished in less than a week’s time:
– Removed shag carpet!
– Took down dark paneling-look wallpaper.
– Painted the walls a soft neutral color.
– Deep cleaned the beautiful oak floor.
When my clients bought their home, this space was a musty side porch. It looked nice in the before shot, but you can see the rough-shod painted paneling, and the drop ceiling. One day my clever clients decided to give it an overhaul. Here is what they did:
– Ripped out paneling and drop ceiling, insulated the walls and ceiling, and installed new drywall (notice how they left the ceiling vaulted when they were finished rather than dropping the angle back down).
– Re-framed the windows with new moldings.
– Built pre-made closets and bench seats to fit the space.
– Added hooks for hanging jackets.
– Added a fun light fixture.
The space now is useful, bright and pretty. The owners tell me that since creating this elegant area with ample storage for coats and shoes the rest of the house stays neat and tidy. As a bonus, the space is so pleasant and sunny their children like to bring their easel out and do art projects!
Sadly, the coming storm has forced Swarthmore to cancel tomorrow’s bike races.
Here is the updated schedule for tomorrow:
Bike races canceled.
Awards: 10:30 am (still on!)
Bell ringing: 11:15 (still on!)
Parade: 12:00 noon (still on!)
Horseshoes: 12:30 (still on!)
There may be updates – I will try to stay current.
I was proud to help this wonderful family buy their new home this week! Check out how happy their four-legged family member is (the pup got a fenced yard out of the move)!